Basic classification of cutting tools
According to the end geometry:
- Flat end milling cutter
- Flat bottom R angle end milling cutter
- Ball end milling cutter
- Indexable inlaid end milling cutter
Basic geometry of cutting tools
For the cutting tools used for finishing, the cutting edge must have good profile accuracy.
Several possible profile deviations of cutting tools
- Accurate contour;
- The grinding process is not accurate enough, which results in irregular broken surface on the edge.
- Radius deviation caused by inaccurate grinding process.
If the requirements for machining workpiece accuracy are very high, standard certified tools should be purchased from the tool manufacturer. KYLT CNC milling, CNC turning processes, adopt famous brand cutter to got high precision machined parts.
On the premise of ensuring that the maximum overhang length of the tool shank and tool system does not exceed the specified value, in order to make the spindle operate accurately, the radial run out error of the tool must be detected at the tool shank and cutting edge respectively. If the radial run out error is too large, it will cause serious vibration of the spindle.
How to select suitable cutter
1) analyze the specific processing conditions, such as spindle and machine performance, tool clamping system, lubrication mode, etc.
2) analyze the material characteristics of the workpiece;
3) analyze the surface quality, machining accuracy requirements, cost, etc.
4) comprehensively consider various factors and make the optimal choice.
Calculation method of high speed cutting parameters
Three important formulas
Some important terms and processing parameters in high speed cutting
(1) cutting speed VC
Definition of cutting speed: VC = n * p * deff / 1000
VC refers to the appropriate cutting speed value suitable for high-speed machining of a workpiece material in the case of a specific tool. It refers to the linear speed of the tool.
How to set the value of cutting speed VC correctly:
- Provided by tool supplier;
- Refer to the existing experimental data;
- Through a large number of cutting experiments to establish their own database.
VC value is an important basis for setting other cutting parameters correctly!
Effect of cutting speed on surface finish
Color comparison of iron chips produced at different cutting speeds
(2) effective tool diameter deff
Calculation of effective tool diameter and effective tool diameter.
(3) feed rate of each edge FZ
Definition of feed per blade:
How to set the feed rate of each edge of the tool correctly:
- Provided by cutting tool supplier;
- Refer to the experimental data of other people’s research;
- Through a large number of cutting experiments.
Whether the feed rate of each cutting edge is set correctly or not has a very important influence on the reasonable distribution of cutting load on the tool.
(4) axial and radial feed rate AP & AE
Calculation of axial feed:
The actual results will be affected by the spindle, tool and material.
The effect of AE and FZ on the finish
(5) calculation method of cutting parameters in high speed machining
(6) setting principle of CNC MACHINING parameters
- In the process of high-speed machining, the machining parameters must be optimized and can not be set at will;
- The value of cutting speed VC must be set correctly;
- The feed rate of each edge FZ must be set correctly.
Reasonable value can not only bring the cutting efficiency of the tool to the limit, make full use of the tool, improve the machining quality and efficiency, but also will not affect the service life of the tool, so as to achieve the purpose of saving cost and achieving real high-speed machining.
KYLT Precision CNC machining services (milling & turning service), Fast prototyping, Fixture/Jig/Tooling making, Aluminum die casting & plastic injection parts. Email:email@example.com +008615195010186
KYLT CNC Machining Services:
KYLT CNC Precision Machined Parts:
More information about Machining Technology: